Submitted by Peter Bach on Thu, 04/07/2016 - 21:07
The curving wood piece for this box needs to be a little longer than the actual perimeter of the inner circle for it to be able to reach the whole way around. The sides run in a groove with build in self-locks in the bottom piece.
Submitted by Peter Bach on Thu, 04/07/2016 - 20:42
This lantern projects really well. It assembles by turning the bottom part. No glue. No screws. I put in a suspended piece of metal to absorb the heat from the candle to protect the hdf and sprayed the whole thing with spray varnish.
After making my solar cell ring, my mom said it kind of looked like a candle holder, and asked if I could make her one. So, I reworked my pattern a little bit, enlarged it, and there we go. If I do it again I would make the base thicker though, as it broke quite easily. Nothing a little super glue can't fix, but it's worth noting.
A cutting file and an engraving file.
I've done these with the settings:
Cutting: 10% speed
5000 hz freq.
Job type: Vector
This is a critical design project, where I'm doing a solar cell cellphone charger, in the shape of a ring. This is meant as a response to the "jewelry law" passed by the Danish government this winter, saying that they will seize valuable items from asylum seekers at the border. After massive critique, the law was changed, so that the government aren't allowed to take jewelry, but they are allowed to take valuables like computers, phones and powerbanks.
The SVG file contains a cutout for a marionette doll.
You don't need the outline, though it could be used for storing the doll in a box / a shape to hold it in place in a casing.
I used "træpap" since it is nice to engrave people's portraits on as faces and it is a light material.
The holes are for making the joints - you can get "paper fasteners" cheaply from Søstrene Grene which I used as joints, string will do too, then the doll is a bit more goofy with its loose limbs.
Jeg har lavet dette design af værelsesnumre til kollegiet Studentergården på Nørrebro efter der blev udskrevet en designkonkurrence i foråret 2015. Dette design vandt, og jeg har siden brugt en del timer på at skære de 130 skilte på FabLabs laserskærer.
Skiltene har a6-størrelse og hænger på væggen ved siden af værelsesdøren for at undgå at de bliver dækket til når døren af forskellige årsager bliver pyntet (eller stjålet - det er jo et kollegium).