It is designed for 3 mm material, I chose birch plywood which I think gives a nice contrast with the dark edges.
It was fairly easy to set up and cut but the assembly was rather time-consuming. The lamp has to be assembled around the fitting with the bulb in it which also means that you need to disassemble the lamp to change the light bulb. This might be possible to change through a design alteration and any contributions are welcome.
This was my very first lasercut projects that I made during one of the FabLab open house sessions.
I first made a 2 layer holder for 3x9Volts batteries where the batteries fits like a glove. I then decided to play around with acrylic bending and made a flaming case for my arduino. The case just looks cool but has nothing practical to it since it makes the access to the output pins more difficult. I normally use this Arduino together with a prototype shield to "burn" other arduino chips like the ATtiny85.